• New! Two distinct editing modes. No matter which mode you decide to be in, when you’re finished editing you can deliver your movies any way you want. Upload them to YouTube or post them to Facebook, burn your projects to Blu-ray Disc or author DVDs with custom menus and graphics. With its inviting interface, intuitive workflow, and impressive editing tools, SONY Movie Studio 13 Platinum is the best way to make your movies shine before sharing them with the world.
• Simple Edit Mode. Start your video in Simple Edit Mode; a great place to make basic edits and quickly finish your movie. Add titles, music, and video effects before uploading your completed masterpiece to the web. Simple Edit Mode offers all the tools and features you’ll need to put your movie together, fast.
• Advanced Edit Mode. Switch to Advanced Edit Mode to create Hollywood-style projects with multiple layers and effects. Edit 4K, stereoscopic 3D, and AVCHD files right on the timeline. Use compositing and color-correction tools to add a more polished look.
• New! Touch it. Be one with your movie. Movie Studio is touch-enabled, so you can ditch the mouse and put a movie together on your Sony VAIO Tap device.
• Help is always there. Whether you’re new to video editing or just new to SONY Movie Studio 13 Platinum, you’ll find learning to make a movie is a breeze. With effective Help Bubbles and interactive Show Me How tutorials, video creation has never been so easy.
• New! Format support. What do 4K, stereoscopic 3D, MP4, and AVCHD footage have in common? They can all be edited in the same Movie Studio project! SONY Movie Studio 13 Platinum supports a broad variety of file formats, to see a complete list visit the tech specs page.
• Soundtracks and titles. Round out your movie with exciting soundtracks and beautiful titles. Create the perfect music bed by importing your own music from CD or MP3, or recording instruments directly into the program. Add animated or simple, yet classic-looking, text with the titling tools. Make your video cut through the clutter.
• Up the excitement. Boost colors, apply slow motion, or add other effects to enhance any video project. Use the new Color Match tool to achieve a consistent color look from one scene to the next.
• Transitions and dissolves. From standard dissolves to sensational 3D transitions, add artistic style between scenes. Adjust and preview your transitions in real time.
Supported OS: Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 (32-bit or 64-bit).
What’s New in SONY Movie Studio 13 Platinum:
Audio: Added 64-bit Gracenote support.
- You can now pair stereoscopic 3D subclips at the track level.
- Additional multistream 3D formats are now supported.
- Added support for automatic 3D pairing of single-stream clips from the PMW-TD300, PMW-F3 with 3D Link option, and cameras that append _L and _R to left- and right-eye clip names.
- Color Match allows you to automatically match the color between clips.
- Added new rendering templates for delivering Sony XAVC S video.
- Added new rendering templates for delivering video in a portrait orientation.
- Simple Edit Mode with touchscreen editing support. Many toolbars and menu items are now larger to accommodate touch gestures.
- New fade and trim handles on events.
- Dragging the playhead moves the cursor along the timeline. Press Ctrl and drag the playhead to scrub the timeline.
- Added support for uploading projects to Facebook.
- New toolbar added below to timeline to make timeline editing more efficient.
- Streamlined toolbars in the main Movie Studio Platinum window, Project Media window, and Explorer window.
- New right-click menu in the Titles & Text plug-in allows quick access to Cut, Copy, Paste, Delete, and Select All commands for editing text.
- The Explorer window has been redesigned.
- You can now simultaneously adjust the fades of all selected events.
- Animated generated media events now display a thumbnail image in the timeline.
- Render progress is now displayed in the Windows taskbar. If the render time is greater than a minute, a sound is played when rendering is complete.